Each year the Orange City Chamber of Commerce and its membership, partner for the annual discounted Christmas Bonus Bucks program. The program, that helps keep local dollars in Orange City, allows residents and visitors alike to purchase monies at a discounted rate of 10%. The 10% discount comes from pooling funds together from special partners and participating businesses.
This year the participating members have made over $100,000 available to the public.
Some ask why we do this. The reason is simple, it is an investment. Money spent at businesses that are locally owned and operated stays in the community. All of the participating businesses continually invest in the Orange City community. We’ve done some research and have prepared a list of ways shopping local benefits communities.
reasons to shop local
- You help create jobs locally
- Independent local businesses generate more jobs!
- More money is kept in the local economy
- Independent local businesses generate $68 of local activity for every $100 earned.
- You build community
- Local businesses owners want to know you.
- You spend less on travel.
- The taxes you pay stay in your own community.
- Grows the local economy.
- Reduces transportation effects on the environment!