This historical Craftsman home was designed after a Pasadena home seen by its original owners, Wells and Johanna Short, during an extended 1910 winter stay in California. It was designed with over 1000 glass panes, solid oak colonnades, and quarter-sawn oak paneling through the living and dining areas. The Steinway Grand B Parlor Piano, Waltham Grandfather Clock and African Mahogany Dining Set are all purchases made by the Shorts. The stones were transported by train from the Kern River in California to Alton, and then brought to Orange City by wagon and a team of horses.
The current owners consider themselves “Caretakers” of this Orange City historical home, and have attempted to return the interior decor to its Arts and Crafts style.