Do you ever wish you took the time to read more? Do you already spend every free moment with your nose in a book? Either way, let your library be a resource: take inspiration from our reading lists and log your personal reading to be entered in random drawings and unlock mini games! (Every book you read = 10 points. Points can also be earned via a variety of “missions.” Every 10 points grants you an entry into a monthly drawing for 20 Chamber Bucks.)
To enroll if you do not yet have a READsquared account
- Go to orangecitylibrary.readsquared.com or download the READsquared app on your phone
- If you are on the app, first type in and select the Orange City Public Library
- Select “Register” (top right of the website)
- Select whether you would like to register for just yourself or whether you would also like to register your child/children for READsquared programs.
- Select your age group and the program you would like to sign up for (Adult Book Club) and then fill in your personal information on the next page.
- If also registering for children, proceed to select their respective ages, programs, and preferences.
- If you would like to register your child for more than one program, you will have to add them as if it were a separate child. Click “Continue” and insert the same information for your child except with the second program selected. (In this situation, it is suggested you include a clarification of the program along with the last name of your child — i.e. “John / Smith 1,000”
To register with an existing READsquared account:
- Log in to your READsquared account.
- If you are already enrolled in a program, select “Account” (top right of the webpage or gear symbol at the top left of the app) and then select “Add Child Account.” Insert your age, program, and information again. In this situation, it is suggested you include a clarification of the program along with your last name—i.e. “Claire / Vermeer Book club”
- This is the same way you would add a child to a program or second program.
- If you did not select a program upon registration or your program has expired, select “Account” (top right of the webpage or gear symbol at top left of the app) and then “Family Accounts. ”Under your name will be a blue “Enroll” button. Click on it, then select your age and program.
- If yours is the only account, the blue “enroll” button will appear on your main page upon log in.
If you or your children are accidentally enrolled in the wrong program, contact the library and we can change programs from the administrative side of the site.