Begin Saving Money on Your Energy Bills Now
You could begin saving money on your energy bill by following a few simple suggestions:
- Set your thermostat on 68-70 degrees during the winter and 78-80 degrees during the summer.
- Check and change your furnace filter every one to three months.
Keep obstructions away from the hot and cold air registers.
- Turn the temperature on your water heater to the lowest setting that still gives you hot water.
- Use the cold water cycle on the clothes washer when possible.
- Use cold water for cooking. Heating water on the stove consumes less energy than using hot water from your water heater.
- Install a water-saving, low flow showerhead.
- Turn off lights when they are not in use. If you have children, teach them to turn off lights and conserve energy.
- Clean the dust off the condenser coils at the back or bottom of the refrigerator once a year. Dirty coils make the refrigerator work harder and use more electricity.
These simple suggestions could help keep money in your pocket!