Saturdays, February 2 and 16, 2019
8:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
INTERPRETING LAB, VAN PEURSEM HALL LOWER LEVEL, NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE
Cost: $200 per person* | Two-day introductory course | limited to 12 participants
*Organizations that send 3 or more attendees will receive a $50 discount for all registrations after the first two.
The Medical Interpreting Workshop is an introductory course that includes hands-on training and practice.
The course is designed for:
- Bilingual speakers who currently provide Spanish-English interpreting and translation services in a healthcare setting
- Bilingual speakers who want to receive training to provide Spanish-English interpreting and translation services in a healthcare setting
- Supervisors of interpreter services
The Spanish-English Medical Interpreting Workshop will cover:
- The role and limits of the interpreter within medical settings
- Professional protocol, code of conduct and etiquette for medical interpreters
- Medical interpreting certification information
- Comparisons of simultaneous, consecutive and written translation as well as practice with each
- Cultural influences on communication
- Words vs. meaning and vocabulary resources
- Skills development and memory exercises and strategies