June 1 – July 12
This checklist is brought to you by the Orange City Recreation Department. Our goal is to help children and families stay active together this summer. Post this on your refrigerator at home and share your family’s progress throughout the summer. Snap some pics or videos as a family and share them to our facebook page (Orange City Area Recreation and Fitness) using #Fit-Fam. At the end of the summer recreation season we will pick one winner for a free family-fit package.
- 1 mile Bike ride.
- Visit Dunlop Pond to walk or to fish.
- Organize a game of tag or an outdoor neighborhood scavenger hunt.
- Visit a park or playground in your neighborhood.
- Go to the pool.
- Play Frisbee golf.
- Do a 4 x 100 relay o Walk or jog around the golf course.
- Play a round of golf.
- Plant and grow a garden.
- Come up with your own family activity.