Feasibility Study: Center for Healthy Living – Open House, May 10
Dear Orange City Residents and Stakeholders:
Orange City invites you to participate in a community open house on May 10, 2022 at the Prairie Winds Event Center from 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM to gather your ideas on recommendations for an indoor health and wellness facility for Orange City. This feasibility study is being conducted by ISG Inc. with the direction of the city based upon recommendations from the Orange City Community Development Plan.
Open House – May 10, 2022
Prairie Winds Event Center
3:00 pm to 6:30 pm
A Few Things to consider
In preparation for the discussion, we would be grateful for your thoughts on a range of potential outcomes including:
- Social impacts such as health, wellness, poverty, walkability and access, equity and others.
- Environmental impacts such as waste reduction, climate action, vehicle miles traveled, energy conservation and others.
- Economic Impacts such as employment, technological communications, economic sustainability, green building, mixed use development, housing affordability and others.
- Cultural Impacts such as music and the arts, neighborhood associations, race and ethnicity diversity.
Jason Gilman, AICP, PLA
Bryan Paulsen, AIA, CID, LEED AP
Please consider filling out this short questionnaire to bring with you to the meeting on May 10, 2022.
- What is your vision of the objective in the Orange City Community Development Plan for an indoor recreation, wellness, and gathering space?
- What types of outcomes or community impacts should a facility like this have? List three.
- How would you or your family personally benefit? List three.
- Who else should benefit from this facility in the community?
- Do you have any suggestions for sustainable sources of operating revenues? List all.
- What are your concerns? List three.
- What are your highest priorities for the facilities? List three.
- What are your highest priorities for services? List three.
Unable to attend the open house?
If you are unable to attend the open house, we welcome your feedback through this short online questionnaire.