Janet Brown – City Clerk
The Office of the City Clerk exists to ensure the integrity of municipal governance through the ethical and impartial administration, maintenance and preservation of the electoral, legislative and record keeping processes.
The official functions and duties of the City Clerk are set forth in Iowa Statutes. The following is a summary of the services performed by the City Clerk’s Office:
- Provide the City Council with centralized staff support.
- Prepares agendas, minutes, ordinances and resolutions for the City Council.
- Maintains municipal records as mandated by State Statutes and City Charter.
- Serves as the document and information resource to the City Council, City staff and
- Maintains custody, control, filing and storage of legislation, books, papers, minutes, and other written and recorded documents pertaining to the operation of City government.
- Certifies, distributes and publishes all resolutions and ordinances.
- Serves as Data Compliance Official; receiving and responding to issues and/or complaints about access to public documents.
- Issues beer, wine, cigarettes and peddlers permits. Click here for more information.
- Issues Peddler/Solicitor/Transient Merchants Permits. Click here to fill out the forms
- City cemetery records and lot purchases.
- Performs all payroll/personnel duties.
- Supervises monthly utility billing and distribution.