For more information contact Mitch Aalbers, Orange City Parks and Recreation Director, at 712-707-4885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks & Recreation
My goal as the Recreation Director of Orange City is to provide our citizens with a wide range of activities. The type of activities that we are offer will hopefully be activities that can connect people in the community, as well as create life long interest in these activities. We want to create beautiful parks, and high quality programming that can benefit not only our community, but to people new to the area or that are from the surrounding area.
Parks & Recreation Department Mission Statement
The Orange City Parks & Recreation Department is dedicated to providing comprehensive, quality, and safe recreation and park programs, facilities and services that enrich the quality of life for the Orange City community and beyond.
Parks & Recreation Department Vision Statement
The Orange City Parks & Recreation Department strives to develop, provide, and maintain quality programs and facilities that meet the growing needs of our community.
Parks & Recreation Department Core Values
Parks & Recreation Highlights
- 7 great parks with many amenities
- A department that has over 2,500 citizens participating in programming each year
- 64 different recreational and leisure opportunities throughout the year
- 5.5 miles of trails, with a trails task force planning for additional routes
- A state of the art Fitness Center that houses the top of the line equipment
- One of NW Iowa’s only dog parks, located in the heart of Orange City
- A department that uses joint efforts to provide the best opportunities for leisure and recreation, with gyms, playing fields, tennis courts, and sand volleyball.