dear orange city residents,
Thank-you for your continued efforts to prioritize the health and safety of all Orange City community members. The City of Orange City continues to collaborate with the Iowa Department of Public Health, Governor Reynolds, the Sioux County Community Health Partners, the Orange City Area Health System and the CDC in providing guidelines for our community.
Members of City staff, including the Public Works Director, Chief of Police, Fire Chief, Community Development Director and the City Administrator are meeting weekly with Sioux County Emergency Management, Community Health Partners, and OC Area Health System to hear updates, review guidelines, maximize local resources, discuss enforcement methods, and generally encourage each other. We are truly blessed with these outstanding resources!
Essential public services will continue to be provided, however, several programs and facilities are impacted by Governor Reynolds, by CDC and the Iowa Department of Public Health.
Playgrounds located in the City parks in addition to the skate park have been closed indefinitely. Restrooms and enclosed shelter houses in the parks are also closed. The remainder of the park amenities, and in particular the trails and sidewalks remain open. We encourage you to enjoy the outdoors while practicing the necessary physical distancing. Team sports involving multiple participants that create physical contact or touching the same ball are discouraged outside of immediate families.
Landsmeer Golf Course continues to be open following strict guidelines for cart use, and physical distancing – when possible golfers are encouraged to walk for the health benefit.
All doors to City Hall are locked. Appointments can be scheduled only if “essential”. We encourage all communication to be remote. Please mail in or pay your utility bill by using the drop box.
The community “clean-up” week will still be held April 20 – 24. Please pick up flags in front of the City Hall between 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM beginning April 13. The $10 fee and your name and address can be place in the drop box. The electronics clean up is still being planned for May 1 and 2.
The Orange City Public Library will be closed to the public until further notice.
Please continue to support local business!
city council meetings via zoom
The City of Orange City will be conducting City Council meetings via Zoom indefinitely. Due to public health concerns related to COVID-19, as authorized by emergency proclamation of the Governor of the State of Iowa, the Council Chambers will NOT be open to the public to attend the public hearing and meeting in person; instead, the public may access the meeting electronically, pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.8, in the manner specified below:
The public may access the meeting electronically by Internet as follows:
To join in, follow these instructions:
Go to zoom.us
Enter the meeting ID: 581 323 022
Required meeting password: 281119
Optional call-in phone number (312) 626-6799
Download Zoom Instructions
Find the Latest City Council Agenda
city operations are encouraged to be completed by phone, email or other remote methods.
- For utility billing, payments can be put in our drop box at the City Hall. For billing questions, please call (712) 707-4885 or email email@example.com
- For building permits contact Kurt Frederes (712) 707-4885, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Download Zoom Instructions
- For any other City services or to contact City staff, please call (712) 707-4885 between 7 AM and 4 PM, Monday through Friday.
The City of Orange City reminds citizens:
- Please stay home if you are ill and avoid contact with others.
- Exercise appropriate hygiene in the event of coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based sanitizer as an alternative
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, in addition to avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Practice social distancing and avoid any groups of 10 or more
- Call your care provider in advance if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
for additional information about covid-19:
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. Let’s be calm, patient, and support each other.
Deb De Haan