With the July 4th holiday approaching, we would like to remind everyone of the general requirements in Orange City for setting off fireworks:
- Fireworks can be discharged from June 15 through July 8. Exception: discharge hours are extended to 11 pm on July 4 and the Saturdays and Sundays immediately preceding and following July 4.
- No person under the age of 18 shall discharge consumer fireworks without parental supervision.
- A person shall only discharge a consumer fireworks device on property they own or on property where consent has been given.
- Novelties, including snakes, sparklers, or caps, can be discharged on a public place so long as all trash, wrappers, and wires are properly disposed of.
- Consumer fireworks shall not be discharged by persons showing visible signs of, or determined to be, intoxicated or under the influence of a drug or narcotic.
- Any person discharging a consumer fireworks device assumes all responsibility for its operation and the consequences thereof.
- No person shall discharge a consumer fireworks device in a reckless manner or manner likely to cause death, injury, fire, or property damage.
For a complete listing of the fireworks ordinance, please contact the City Office.