https://orangecityiowa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/orangecity-feature-fireworks-495x400.jpg 400 495 Orange City Office https://orangecityiowa.com/wp-content/uploads/oc-logo.png Orange City Office2020-06-01 11:53:072020-06-01 14:46:40Fireworks Ordinance No. 818
Fireworks Ordinance No. 818
With the July 4th holiday approaching, we would like to remind everyone of the general requirements in Orange City for setting off fireworks:
- Fireworks can be discharged from June 15 through July 8. Exception: discharge hours are extended to 11 pm on July 4 and the Saturdays and Sundays immediately preceding and following July 4.
- No person under the age of 18 shall discharge consumer fireworks without parental supervision.
- A person shall only discharge a consumer fireworks device on property they own or on property where consent has been given.
- Novelties, including snakes, sparklers, or caps, can be discharged on a public place so long as all trash, wrappers, and wires are properly disposed of.
- Consumer fireworks shall not be discharged by persons showing visible signs of, or determined to be, intoxicated or under the influence of a drug or narcotic.
- Any person discharging a consumer fireworks device assumes all responsibility for its operation and the consequences thereof.
- No person shall discharge a consumer fireworks device in a reckless manner or manner likely to cause death, injury, fire, or property damage.
For a complete listing of the fireworks ordinance, please contact the City Office.