With the July 4th holiday approaching, we would like to remind everyone of the general requirements in Orange City for setting off fireworks:
- Fireworks can be discharged from June 1 -July 8 from the hours of 9:00 am until 10:00 pm. There is one exception on July 4 and the discharge hours are extended until 11:00 pm.
- No person under the age of 18 shall discharge consumer fireworks without parental supervision.
- A person shall only discharge a consumer fireworks device on property they own or on property where consent has been given.
- Novelties, including snakes, sparklers, or caps, can be discharged on a public place so long as all trash, wrappers, and wires are property disposed of.
- Consumer fireworks shall not be discharged by persons showing visible signs of, or determined to be, intoxicated or under the influence of a drug or narcotic.
- Any person discharging a consumer fireworks device assumes all responsibility for its operation and the consequences thereof.
- No person shall discharge a consumer fireworks device in a reckless manner or manner likely to cause death, injury, fire, or property damage.
For a complete listing of the fireworks ordinance, please contact the City Office.