It’s a Dog’s Life
As spring and summer approaches and more outdoor activities occur, here are some friendly reminders of city ordinances as they pertain to pets.
- It is unlawful for any owner to allow an animal to run at large within the corporate limits of the City.
- It is unlawful for the owner of an animal to allow or permit such animal to pass upon the premises of another thereby causing damage to, or interference with the premises.
- It is unlawful for the owner of a dog to allow or permit such dog to cause serious annoyance or disturbance to any person by frequent and habitual howling, yelping, barking, or otherwise, or by running after or chasing persons, bicycles, automobiles, or other vehicles.
- No owner or walker of any animal shall permit the animal to discharge feces upon any public or private property, other than the property of the owner of the animal.
- The owner or walker shall be deemed to permit the animal’s discharge of feces if the owner does immediately thereafter take steps to remove and clean up the feces from the property.
- It is the duty of the owner of any dog, cat, or other animal that has bitten or attacked a person or any person having knowledge of such bite or attack to report this attack to a local health or law enforcement official.
- Animals found at large shall be seized and impounded at the impound facilities utilized by the City.
We hope you (& your pets) get out and enjoy all that Orange City has to offer this spring and summer!